Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Credit Card

So far it has been a unanimous NO on my twitter survey of "yes or no to department store credit cards". The question came up from a friend of mine who was asking me whether she should close about three of those dept store credit cards that she never uses or leave them open for "credit" reasons.

I happen to be one of those people with a few dept store credit cards myself...that I hardly ever use. Perhaps once every couple months? And when I do use them, I usually ask if I can pay it off right then and there. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I always set a reminder on my phone to login online so I can pay it off right away. I'm a stickler for this. I never spend money that I don't have.

I can't speak for how your credit will actually respond to closures or openings of these cards, but there is a nice little article that I found fairly informative...
http://www.ehow.com/how_4783703_should-cancel-credit-card-account.html

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment